September 5, 2010

Mishoo goes Okayafrica.com

I am honored to announce my first official blog post on www.Okayafrica.com (OKA) .
I'm sure you guys want to know how this happened, right? well, as I was doing some marketing for my current release "Born in the Land of a Thousand Hills" (www.mishoothedrumkit.com). I tried to get in touch with okayafrica and thought that they might be interested in what I do. I sent an e-mail with all press information and four months later I received a reply. They liked what I do and asked me if I liked to write for okayafrica and have my own blog. I was very surprised. A few emails later, I received the writers instructions and wrote my first post about my man Portformat. They posted it on the first of September 2010. Thank you for supporting the Afro and Afreuropean movement okayplayer!

Okayafrica.com
is part of Okayplayer.com, one of the worlds most important blogs about Hip Hop. It was founded by The Roots Drummer Amir "Questlove" Thompson in 1987.
Okayplayer began as a platform for artists of the Soulquarians and Native Tongues collectives such as The Roots, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common, Erykah Badu, D'Angelo, Slum Village, Jay Dilla, former A Tribe Called Quest members Q-Tip, Phife Dawg and Ali Shaheed Muhammad, De La soul, Busta Rhymes, Floetry, Meshell Ndegeocello, and more. Nowadays other artists such as Kanye West, Flying Lotus, Lupe Fiasco, Kid Cudi,Wale and more are supported by Okayplayer.com

About Okayafrica.com (OKA):
Highlighting the freshest, newest music coming off of the continent and from the Diaspora, OKA features cutting edge music from the hills of Freetown to the Brooklyn underground, from Soweto to the highlands of Kenya and much more. With roots in traditional African rhythms, harmonies, and beats, the new sound of Africa fuses these traditional elements with the most progressive sounds, from hip-hop to electronica, from pop to indie rock, creating completely original music.


Here are more pictures of the OkayAfrica launch event with The Roots, Talib Kweli, Bajah + The Dry Eye Crew and more at Prospect Park Bandshell in Brooklyn, NY (July 11, 2010):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/okayplayer87/with/4790060399/

No comments: