January 16, 2010

"Beautiful inside and outside!" Impressions of Russia


It's been awhile since I fed my daily readers with Mishoo's thoughts, inspiration and music. I've been traveling around Europe, visited family and friends in Germany and spent my Orthodox Christmas in Russia. First I here want to say much love to my friends in Germany Nico, Madsen, Ari, Joseph, Dominic aka Schraenk, Amin, Ibou aka Portformat, my man Se.Po. in Brazil, Holg, Markus, Olli, .. for being the good souls you are.

I flew back to Finland where I currently work after New Years Eve. Two days later, I was invited by my gf parents to spend Orthodox Christmas in a small Russian village 50 km behind the Finnish border - In Russia over 70 % of population are Russian Orthodox Christians (wikipedia.org) and they celebrate Christmas on the sixth of January - The family treated me like a king. We ate and drank four days long. To be honest, I have never experienced such a wonderful hospitality. I now am a fan of Russian cuisine with its fish delicacies, bakery and chocolate tradition. Mari and I also went sightseeing around town. As you may see in many Russian towns on the countryside, most apartments look old from the outside for our standards but, once you get inside the flats, you see no difference from other European countries. It seems like Russia's government isn't spending much of the tax money on infrastructure outside the big cities like St Petersburg or Moscow.  At this point I want to thank the Pustovoyt family in Russia and my lady of course. Greetings also to Aleksey, Valentina, Ksusia. Also big shout out to one of Russia's finest producers Alexandr aka Al Yok for the great music! check out Al Yok at www.myspace.com/alyokbeez You are beautiful inside and outside!

No comments: