May 30, 2013

5 Tips on how to make a music video with no budget.

Below is a music video that I made about two years ago. The instrumental was produced by Stevo. My wife and I came across the video today and I want to share some tipps with you if you are an artist who works with no budget.

  1. Let it flow (Creativity)Just because you have no budget, doesn't mean that you can't create fantastic art, right? Never let this be an excuse to anything you do in life and keep trying. Grab a pen and paper and do some brainstorming and don't let anyone disturb you.
  2. Write a screenplay
    Once you have a great idea, go to the next step: write a screenplay. All professional video producers can't work without screenplay. Simply draw the different scenes on a few sheets of paper and make sure you know exactly what you want it to look like for every part of your song.
  3. Any Digital Camera will do
    I used a canon (I think A2400) to record "Still Calling You". Now I might use much better equipment because I have access to it, but in general, anything that can record video footage will do. Again, at the end, it's all about how creative you are and what you do with your footage.
  4. Record and have fun
    Make sure you have a lot of time for the recording session. Plan at least with 5 - 6 hours for it. This really takes time. If you are a perfectionist, let things go a bit. Usually, when I let things go then I have even better ideas. Stick to your plan, but any amazing artist will tell you that the craziest things happen when you leave room for serendipity.
  5. Post production
    If you work all by yourself then any editing software will do. Take your time when editing your video, though. I would say one - two weeks. Once you are finished, don't watch the video two three days. It's not unusual that you end up changing quite a few things after that. Let a friend and a fan (or someone not too close to you) see the final version before you go online. If needed re-edit. Once finished: release it.

    Have fun and follow me on twitter: @mishoosuniverse


No comments: